Sunday, April 3, 2011

Miso Baked Tofu

When she said, "Tonight we're having tofu," my smile was a bit less than genuine. Being a recent graduate from a tendency toward meaty delights such as buffalo wings or low grade hamburger products, I sometimes have slight relapses into obstinence. One taste of this gingery miso baked tofu and it put my fears of trying new things to rest once again. The salty flavor of the miso paste was a wonderful complement to the fresh bok choy this was served with. A nice creamy drink of thai tea added yet another dimension to the overall flavor. The crisp edges around the baked tofu added an element of texture that wouldn't have existed in the dish otherwise and it was easy to appreciate as I worked my way into the softer center of this tasty treasure. Though I wouldn't tell my beer chugging comrades I like this one, it's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment